Friday, June 25, 2010

Howdy From The World Of Camping!


Well, here I am, just making a pit stop at home to check on the dog who does not travel with us. I had to check in and see what was going on with Go Girl #1. She has been calling me with updates on the Colorado Family History Expo and bragging about what I am missing! Sounds like a great time for all. Even though I do wish I was there, I am having fun just relaxing with Hubby at the Lake and enjoying the outdoors. I am also getting some reading done which has fallen way behind until now, so all is not lost. We have had a great time cooking out, having an adult beverage and enjoying the cool evenings around the lake. Don't forget me, You Go Girl #2,--I will be back home before long and getting ready myself to attend the Family History Expo in Kansas City the end of July. All is not lost as I have the best of both worlds!

Hope everyone at the Colorado Expo is having a great time AND learning lots of new things with the genealogy world! I look forward to meeting all the great presenters and making some new friends too......

You Go Girl #2, Cheri

2 comments:

  1. I will be at the Kansas City Family History Expo as well! This is my first genealogy conference and as a public librarian and family historian I am very excited! Do you have any ideas on what I should bring/prepare for?
    Thanks!
    Molly Miller-Rice
    Director
    Beardstown Houston Memorial Library
    alliteration_78@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep in touch with the Family History Expo blog and web page. Closer to the time of the Expo in Kansas City, they will post the syllabus in PDF for those who have registered. Cheri and I suggested downloading it and printing it off. If it is too overwhelming, at least print off the syllabus for the classes you are taking. Take it with you and use it. You can buy a printed syllabus at the conference and will receive the CD of it. However, having it ahead of time is extremely helpful! Have FUN. YGGG #1 - Ruby

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Find a Grave

Search 31.6 million cemetery records at by entering a surname and clicking search:
Surname: