Saturday, June 13, 2009

Where in the World are the GIRLS?


We are both here in Nebraska.  After arriving back home after our excursion to Utah, we have spent a lot of time going through our multitude of photocopies, computer files and notes.  I don't know about Girl #2, but I have completely gone through my stack which was well over a foot high.  I entered information, made notes about where to look next and more things I can do the next time I am in Salt Lake City.  I have also ordered microfilm and microfiche at my local Family History Center.  

Basically we are both keeping busy.  Girl #2 and her husband will stop by here next week on their way to Topeka, Kansas to visit their son and family (eight beautiful children!).  We are starting to plan a trip together ... just the Girls ... in July when we'll return to Cheyenne, Wyoming to do research in the archives and library.  Then we'll jaunt up eastern Wyoming to the Black Hills in South Dakota where we'll do more research in courthouses and libraries.  This will afford me time to decorate my father and sister's graves.  

What fun it would be to go cemetery hunting.  Nebraska weather has been unseasonably cold for June and we have had rain every day.  I am sure there will be dry, warm days ahead when I can find a few cemeteries to explore.  

I am also laying out plans for a genealogy seminar to be held in October.  That will be here before we know it, so I'd best enjoy these summer days and make genealogy memories.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Find a Grave

Search 31.6 million cemetery records at by entering a surname and clicking search:
Surname: